Adprep problem
Richard McCall [MSFT]
2004-01-22 13:43:00 UTC
24: CN=inetOrgPerson,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=husa,DC=is
Entry DN: CN=inetOrgPerson,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=husa,DC=is
Add error on line 333: Unwilling To Perform
The server side error is "Schema update failed: attribute in may-contain
does not exist."
23 entries modified successfully.
An error has occurred in the program
This is the error you are getting. Open the schema mmc and find the object
CN=inetOrgPerson,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=husa,DC=is

Check this article if it is mangled.
314649 Windows Server 2003 adprep /forestprep Command Causes Mangled
Attributes
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=314649

General overview
325379 How to Upgrade Windows 2000 Domain Controllers to Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325379
--
Richard McCall [MSFT]

rights."
Hi
I have 4 DC (win2k server all in sp4) and I have Exchange 2000 in that
domain
My AD runs fine but when I try to run adprep /forestprep I get errors and
stuck
Add error on line 4: Busy
The server side error is "A database error has occurred."
I have seen nothing on technet that helps so all help or hinst are welcome
thorirm husa is
mcse
David Brandt [MSFT]
2004-01-22 14:05:31 UTC
Sounds like a problem with the inetorgperson. Look at the following and I
believe it will help out;
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=314649
--
David Brandt
Microsoft Corporation

newsgroup purposes only.
mcse
Þórir Magnússon
2004-02-04 10:38:06 UTC
Hi

I looked into kb314649 and that did not help, I looked on many places but
nothing help. finaly I got lucky and met a person who had solved the same
problem. It was a Cognos application that changed the Schema and I had to
get a fix from Cognos

So if this is the error the check with Cognos, program called
ads_update.exe.

Entry DN: CN=inetOrgPerson,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=husa,DC=is

Add error on line 333: Unwilling To Perform

The server side error is "Schema update failed: attribute in may-contain
does not exist."

An error has occurred in the program

Thorir
mcse
David Brandt [MSFT]

mcse
Ray Lava [MSFT]
2004-01-23 23:32:27 UTC
Exchange 2000 has made some changes to the schema which get mangled when you
try to run adprep /forestprep. If your exchange 2000 server is on SP3, then
its schema attributes will not get mangled. Try putting sp3 on and then
rerunning forestprep. If this does not work, see the following KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=314649

I hope this helps.

Ray Lava
Microsoft Corporation