Reset password problem
Loïc Delambre
2004-08-31 13:48:24 UTC

On a W2K DC, I try to reset the password of an user. With LDP command from a
2003 server, I can connect on the DC with SSL, I can bind with a domain
admin credidentials, but I can't modify the unicodePwd attribute, I have the
error :LDAP_UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM 0x35 The server is not willing to handle
directory requests.

I have the same error with the sample code :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q269190

Any help will be appeciated.
Loïc Delambre
Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI)
2004-08-31 14:01:17 UTC
To set unicodePwd directly using ldp.exe, you need to bind with an encrypted
channel and use this syntax:

\UNI:"pwdhere"

The \UNI: and the quotes are very important as the password must be passed
in Unicode and the quotes are used by the system to delimit the password.

You also need Reset Password permission if you want to replace the existing
password and Change Password permissions to do a remove and add operation.

HTH,

Joe K.
Hi,
Loïc Delambre
Loïc Delambre
2004-09-01 06:10:35 UTC
Post by Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI)
To set unicodePwd directly using ldp.exe, you need to bind with an encrypted
\UNI:"pwdhere"
The \UNI: and the quotes are very important as the password must be passed
in Unicode and the quotes are used by the system to delimit the password.
You also need Reset Password permission if you want to replace the existing
password and Change Password permissions to do a remove and add operation.
HTH,
Joe K.
Thanks for your answer,
Have you any idea why the sample code don't work too?
Loïc Delambre
2004-09-01 13:49:24 UTC
Post by Loïc Delambre
Post by Joe Kaplan (MVP - ADSI)
To set unicodePwd directly using ldp.exe, you need to bind with an encrypted
\UNI:"pwdhere"
The \UNI: and the quotes are very important as the password must be passed
in Unicode and the quotes are used by the system to delimit the password.
You also need Reset Password permission if you want to replace the existing
password and Change Password permissions to do a remove and add operation.
HTH,
Joe K.
Thanks for your answer,
Have you any idea why the sample code don't work too?
I found the problem, it was the dssenh.dll who was not correctly registered.

Thanks!