Difference between Users
Turan Aydin
2004-12-01 13:45:04 UTC
Hello,

I use SBS2003 and I see that there are 3 different type to create USER:
1. Using SERVER MANAGEMENT and add user
2. From Active Directory add user under USERS folder
3. From Active Directory add user under SBSUSERS folder

If we crate user is from SERVER MANAGEMENT, the user is not listed under
USERS and SBSUSERS folder.

My question is what is difference between these 3 type of users and which is
right one.
Same question is also for Computers and SBSComputers

Best regards,
Turan
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]
2004-12-01 15:08:21 UTC
Post by Turan Aydin
Hello,
1. Using SERVER MANAGEMENT and add user
2. From Active Directory add user under USERS folder
3. From Active Directory add user under SBSUSERS folder
Users and SBSUsers are containers.
Post by Turan Aydin
If we crate user is from SERVER MANAGEMENT, the user is not listed
under USERS and SBSUSERS folder.
What container is it created in?
Post by Turan Aydin
My question is what is difference between these 3 type of users and
which is right one.
Wherever you want your users created, create them. Or move them from
whatever container they're in to the one of your choice.
Post by Turan Aydin
Same question is also for Computers and SBSComputers
Same thing.
Post by Turan Aydin
Best regards,
Turan
Note - the best place for SBS2003 questions is m.p.windows.server.sbs.